NAIOP Arizona is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for its members and guests and has implemented this policy to encourage responsible drinking. This policy is designed to protect individual members as well as the Association while recognizing the importance and benefit of providing networking mixers and events.
1. No alcohol will be served to anyone under the age of 21. Individuals will be required to present appropriate identification if they appear to be under the age of 21.
2. NAIOP Arizona-sponsored events will offer non-alcoholic beverage options and food options when alcohol is being served.
3. If alcohol is being served at an event, the alcohol must be provided by an entity that holds a valid State of Arizona Liquor license and servers must adhere to Arizona laws, rules and regulations. Servers will not serve alcohol to any individual who appears intoxicated.
4. Unless otherwise provided in the event protocol, or as approved by NAIOP Arizona’s Board of Directors, a maximum of two (2) drink tickets per attendee and/or a cash bar will be the only means of distributing alcoholic beverages.
5. NAIOP Arizona highly encourages members and guests to take a taxi or ride share to their place of residence if they have consumed any alcoholic beverages. If any individual appears intoxicated, NAIOP Arizona will require that individual to take a taxi or ride share to their place of residence. NAIOP Arizona will reimburse the individual for the cost of a taxi or ride share to their place of residence, provided that individual submits an itemized receipt with his/her reimbursement request.
6. Alcoholic beverages will not be served during the last 30 minutes of sponsored events.
7. Off-duty officer(s) and/or security personnel may be hired for all large events where alcohol will be served.
While attending NAIOP Arizona networking functions, members and guests should be mindful that it is a professional environment and professional conduct should be maintained at all times. All NAIOP policies should be followed, including policies regarding harassment and professional conduct. For example, Board Members and Committee Chairs are the leadership of NAIOP Arizona and professional conduct is required at all times.
Responsible Drinking Policy Violations Violations may be referred to NAIOP Arizona’s Board of Directors who will work with the member(s) to address and determine the specifics of each situation. All members are responsible for adherence to this policy. Failure to do so by members in a leadership position may result in disciplinary action up to and including being asked to resign their position and/or membership involvement.